Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Relieved...

I am relieved today because I mailed off our ENTIRE application packet to the agency in Colorado. This may not seem like a big deal, but you have to understand that this may have been the most complex and time consuming application I've ever filled out. We had to do everything from getting fingerprints and ordering extra copies of birth certificates, to filling out a financial statement and getting employment verifications signed by employers. In total, the application was 35 + pages!!
On Saturday, Lance finished building our new steps and they look so nice! He still has to add rails and then I have to paint them, but we are really close. It's a good thing too, because it is cooling off and I know our time for outdoor projects is almost up for this year.
Now, we wait until we hear from the Colorado agency and then we should be able to actually start our home-study.
I know we still have a lot of paperwork and red-tape to get through, but it will be more than worth it when we bring our baby home :)

Besides applying to adopt, we have been super busy trying to get caught up from our vacation. I worked extra before I left and after I got back so I didn't have my usual amount of time at home to get things taken care of. I got most of the "Mound-O-Laundry" washed on Saturday, but I will have to keep going with it on Friday (since I'll be at home all day) and I should be completely caught up then. We are also having Thanksgiving at our house this year so I have started thinking about that. I want to decorate and send out crafty invitations when it gets closer. Since we are doing the Dave Ramsey Budget, I have to do all of this without spending too much money. Luckily, I have quite a bit of scrap-booking supplies so I should be able to use that for a lot of the decorations.
I better get back to it since I still have A LOT to do today. I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Followers