Monday, May 20, 2013

Individualized Education Plan

Last week, Caysen finished his first year of preschool!  It's hard to believe he is going to be four in just a few short months!! 
To prepare for his second year of preschool, a handful of teachers, therapists, and myself got together to discuss progress and goals for the upcoming year.  Doesn't sound very emotional, right?  I didn't think so either, but it totally was!  
First of all, we began the meeting by discussing Caysen's progress and how he did with the goals we set for him a year ago.  It was so amazing to hear the teachers and therapists talking about how he exceeded expectations time and again.  Every mother loves to hear people gush about her child (right?) and there was a whole lotta' gushing going on! 
And second, I love. Love. LOVE Caysen's teachers and his aide! They absolutely adore Caysen and I have complete confidence that he feels loved and cared for during his time at school!  I could hardly contain my emotions as I explained to the team how thankful I was for Miss Debbie, Miss Lori, and especially Caysen's aide, Miss "Jay".  Some people cry when they send their babies off to preschool.  I didn't.  I did, however, cry the first day that Caysen marched into the classroom, full of excitement, squealing "Miss Jay" and running toward her as fast as his little legs would carry him!  Caysen loves big! And nothing warms my heart more than watching him love...except maybe watching people love him back. :)
So as we settle into life with IEPs and aides, and therapists, and a school medical plan, and extra doctors, and the list goes on, I find myself thankful; thankful that my first baby has a whole team of people who love him and are cheering him on with every new accomplishment, no matter how big or how small.
          

No comments:

Followers