Monday, June 17, 2013

I have learned that...

Adoption is addicting, and incredible, and amazing!  What a blessing!

Parenting is humbling...oh so humbling.

I would do anything for my babies, Anything.

Infertility is gut-wrenching and painful.  I don't know that the memory of what we went through will ever lose its sting.

I need more patience.

Lance is a good dad!  I love watching how he loves the boys and how they love him right back!

Mommy guilt is intense when you bring your second baby home and suddenly can't give 100% of your attention to your first little sweetie anymore.

Mommy guilt subsides. ;)

I'm not that different from mothers who have chosen to place their child up for adoption.  If anything, they are stronger than me.

God is awesome!  He takes good care of our family.

I am a tough mom.  I love to snuggle and smooch my boys, but I do not coddle.

I can't do it all.  And when I try, we all suffer for it.

I'm not that sensitive to uneducated comments or ideas about adoption.  I was ignorant about adoption until we experienced it.

I am super sensitive to uneducated comments or ideas about special needs.  The "R" word makes me cringe.  Maybe it's because I think my special needs boy is perfect. ;)

Two children raised by the same parents can be completely different!

Sleep is overrated.

I miss sleep. ;)

There are a million and one ways to be a good mom.  No need for judgment.

Being a mom is such an amazing gift and so much more than I could have imagined!

No comments:

Followers