Saturday, November 21, 2009

'Tis the Season

Well, the holiday season is officially upon us. This is a very busy (and sometimes stressful) time of year, but it is definitely my favorite. I have been trying to make any preparations I can ahead of time since we are hosting Thanksgiving this year. Today, I am going to buy the rest of the supplies I need for the place-cards and I made a practice apple pie last night since it's been awhile since I've made one. I am anxious about the preparations, but so excited to have most of the family together.
From time to time, I start to feel sorry for myself because we've been through a few holiday season's hoping for a baby only to be dissappointed. I realized, in light of recent events, that I need to be thankful and cherish all the blessings I have received. And also, I need to keep reminding myself that God has a plan. I may not always understand his plan, but he knows best and he loves us all very much and only wants the best for us. Please pray for the Fleener family as they deal with the loss of their little boy. And, please pray for all of the orphans around the world who do not have a family to share this season with. There are so many who need our prayers; let's not forget about them.

"He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment." Deuteronomy 10:18

No comments:

Followers