Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lately

I've been on a "blog break" for a while, but I think I'm ready to jump back in.  After all, if I don't write down all of the fun things going on with our boys, I'm sure the memories will disappear from my exhausted mommy brain for good.


It's hard to believe we've been home with Beckett for almost seven months!  Having two is definitely a challenge, but I feel like we're finally getting into a nice routine and life feels "normal" again.

Beckett is Mr. Serious most of the time.  However, he loves to laugh and play, especially with mom, dad, and Caysen.  He is very anxious about anyone besides parents and grandparents strangers!  He makes sure not to venture too far when we are away from home.  He says "dad", but not in the right context.  In fact, he says "dad" for pretty much everything. ;)  He is walking all over and has been since before his first birthday!  I think watching his older brother motivated him to figure it out.  He loves to play outside, but hates wind!  He tried dirt today...didn't like it.  I hold him for the better part of every day which I mostly love, except when we have no clothes to wear because I haven't done laundry in several days. ;)  Beckett is our picky eater.  He likes bananas, beans, peanut butter, a few fruits, and anything that is completely unhealthy.  He does not like vegetables or meat.  We're hoping he learns to branch out eventually.  He is a total snuggle-bug!!  He loves to clap, dance, and wave bye-bye!  The boys are really close in size, but for now, Caysen is still the bigger "big brother".  Beckett weighs about 20 lbs. which means he's a little on the small side according to American growth charts.  We think he's just right!  This boy can be a handful, but we sure do love him!
 
Caysen gets more and more fun every day.  Like Beckett, he is walking all over the place.  Needless to say, they keep me busy!  Caysen uses 1-2 word sentences, but somehow he still manages to talk my ear off...every day.  He talks about mom and dad and cars and trucks and dogs and cats and all kinds of other subjects.  His favorite color was blue for a while, then orange, and now it's white.  He says his ABCs, just not in any particular order. ;)  When we count together, he knows "1, 2" and then he waits and chimes in again when we get to "8,9".  His favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus".  Whenever I play it for him, he does his weasel laugh and starts spinning in circles (going round and round) and bouncing up and down.  I think we can finally say any feeding issues are a thing of the past.  He's still tiny, a little over 20 lbs. at 3 1/2, but he eats well...and keeps it down!  He knows the way to my parent's house and throws a fit if we don't turn toward their house whenever we pass their street.  He also does a chant every time we are on our way to their house, "Mi-Mi, Pa-ah, Mi-Mi, Pa-ah."  He has been known to ask to go to bed and he always sleeps through the night.  We've been blessed with two good sleepers.  For Caysen, it's the little things that bring a huge smile to his face.  He is so full of joy and spreads it around to everyone he meets!  
 

No comments:

Followers