Tuesday, August 31, 2010

12 Month Checkup

Today I took Caysen to the pediatrician for his first visit here in the states. I just love his pediatrician!! And as usual, he was really showing off and trying to impress.

His stats:

13.8 lbs

25 inches

Nope, he's not on the charts, but he's gaining weight and the pediatrician said he is well proportioned, so as long as he contiues to grow steadily, there's no need to worry :)

The poor guy had to get three shots and then we went to the lab to get lots and lots of blood drawn. He cried harder than I've ever seen him cry and it broke my heart. Luckily, he totally blamed the nurses and not me ;)

We got a referral for a physical therapist so hopefully we'll get that going in the next week or so. In the meantime, I'm just continuing to work with him doing what I can and I see improvement every day!

And because we were on our way home from Taiwan on his birthday, I never posted a "what you're up to" blog for Caysen at 12 months. So here's what you've been up to Mr Caysen:

-You can sit up easily using your hands to brace yourself.
-You love it when we lift you up over our heads like an airplane.
-You have started bearing weight on your legs when we hold you up.
-You like your swing and your bouncy seat, but you prefer to play on the floor most often.
-You are pretty attached to Mama and you think your Daddy is pretty great too :)
-You LOVE yogurt!! I think you have a sweet tooth; you turn up your nose at green-beans, but you go crazy for pears!
-You still don't sleep through the night, but you are down to one night-time feeding.
-You know how to throw a back-arching fit! One of these days we'll work on that ;)
-You sleep from about 7:30 pm to 8:00 am and you take two naps during the day.
-You still have the most incredible smile of any baby that ever lived; it melts us every time!!!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive