Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kenting (Kending)

We got to take Caysen on his first (I think) beach trip :)
The water was a little too rough for him, so he wasn't too into it; he's more of a swimming pool kinda guy.

We went to dinner at a Thai restaurant. I didn't know I liked Thai food, but it was really good!

Holly & Regan

Jason, Kate, & Mia ;)




After dinner, we got to check out the night market. There were SO many people, but it was fun to look around and experience the culture.


We stayed at a hotel called the Foremost. We changed the name to the FarWorst. We were all able to laugh about it, but we were ready to get to a different hotel after one night!

There was a mosquito net that was supposed to go around the bed, but I'm pretty sure they put it up in the 50's and hadn't washed it since then, so Lance and I did some remodeling...


It had been a long and exhausting day and we were both beat; but when Lance turned the light off, we were both confused as to why it still looked like daylight in our room.

It only took us a second to realize that this window faced the lobby which stayed lit up (very lit up) at all times. Luckily, I closed the curtains and then it was more like dusk in our room instead of high noon ;)


Other interesting things about the Farworst, I mean Foremost:

The only towels to dry off with were hand towels, really.

There was a bit of an aunt problem.

The way I see it, we wouldn't be able to look back and laugh if we hadn't stayed at the Foremost. It was all part of the experience ;)

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive