Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Broken Hearts

I often wonder if Caysen's birth family ever looks at this blog. I gave them the address, but I don't know if they look. I wonder if they think about Caysen, if they miss him, if they wish it could have been different...

I don't know the answers to these questions, but it still makes me feel just a little bit guilty. We love Caysen SOOOO much, and we get to act on that love every day with snuggles, smooches, and smiles. I guess it makes me feel guilty that we get to enjoy him so much while their hearts ache to be with him.

And it's not just Caysen's birth family, but there are families all over the world who have had to make the same difficult choice. I can't imagine how hard it must be for them. It is hard to accept that our joy comes at such a great cost to others.

I hope it brings Caysen's family at least a little joy to see how loved he is, and maybe just maybe, the pain will lessen in time.

No comments:

Followers