Friday, March 12, 2010

It's the Little Things Right Now


To get through the adoption process, I've learned to savor every piece of news, every picture, and every new accomplishment.


I remember when we first started the application process; I thought if we could just get our application submitted, it would feel so good because we would be one step closer to bringing our baby home.


Then we submitted our application and I thought if we could just have our first home visit, it would feel so good because we would be one step closer to bringing our baby home.


Then our homestudy was completed; I thought if we could just get a referral, it would feel so good because we would be one step closer to bringing our baby home.


Well, now we have our referral and we are so in love with our sweet boy and I am still living for the little accomplishments we make each day that bring us one step closer to bringing our baby home.


I will admit, I pretty much eat, sleep, and breathe all things Caysen. I can just stare at his pictures over and over again. I don't think he ever leaves my mind and I'm sure the people around me wish I could think about something else for a change ;)


Today we found out that our Homestudy has been state certified and mailed off to USCIS with our I600A (which means nothing to you if you haven't ever adopted, but it's a big deal to us) and it still feels so good because we are one step closer to bringing our baby home.


It's a roller-coaster ride to say the least. I never imagined my heart could feel so full, yet ache so much all at the same time. I thank God every day for picking such a perfect little boy for us and I just continue to pray for patience knowing that God has the most wonderful plan for our lives :)

No comments:

Followers