Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rock & Roll

Holly and Trena warned me that earthquakes are very common in Taiwan and there would be a good chance I'd feel one at some point during my stay.

Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting on the couch in the apartment reading my book when it felt like someone grabbed the back of the couch and slid it from side to side. I jumped out of my seat thinking someone was in the apartment and then realized no one had touched the couch. I stood still for a second and could feel the building swaying back and forth, back and forth. Then just like that, it was over.

It wasn't a big earthquake and it was fairly far away, so I was able to experience my first earthquake without getting scared. I guess it's all part of the Taiwan experience ;)

1 comment:

jnlraboin said...

Sounds like you are in a routine, but earthquakes aren't necessarily normal, lol. Hope you stay safe and can come home very soon. So glad Caysen is doing so well. Love you! Linda

Followers

Blog Archive